Thorne was born in Pembroke Pines, Florida, to Tamara and Delancey Reinaldo "Rey" Thorne. She has three elder siblings, Kaili, Danielle, and Remy, who are also actors. Her father was of Cuban descent. Thorne has stated that she is also of Italian and Irish ancestry.
Movies and television
She played Ruthy Spivey in the television series "My Own Worst Enemy", Tancy Henrickson in the fourth season of "Big Love", and CeCe Jones on the Disney Channel series "Shake It Up".
In 2014, Thorne co-starred in the comedy Blended, with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore as Sandler’s character's daughter. She also co-starred in the films Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (2014) and The Duff (2015), playing high school antagonists. On July 30, Thorne was cast in an episode of the fifteenth season of The CSI. The episode, "The Book of Shadows", aired October 19, 2014.
Thorne appeared in the sequel Mostly Ghostly 2: Have You Met My Ghoulfriend as Cammy Cahill, the love interest of Ryan Ochoa's character, Max Doyle. The film was broadcast as a Halloween special in October 2014.
On June 1, 2015, it was announced that Thorne would star alongside Kian Lawley in the AwesomenessTV film Shovel Buddies, playing the role of Kate, the movie was released on iTunes in October 11, 2016. She will also play Jamie, a disillusioned teenager intensely guarding a personal secret, in the film Keep Watching.
Thorne has signed on, with Kyra Sedgwick, as the leads in Manis Film's thriller Big Sky; Thorne plays Hazel. On December 12, Thorne was cast in the MTV series Scream, which is a television adaptation based on the original slasher film series Scream. Thorne was offered the lead role of the series but felt that the role of the "mean, terrible Nina" would be more iconic. In 2015, Thorne was cast in the animated United States dub of the film The Frog Kingdom, portraying the role of Frog Princess opposite Drake Bell and Cameron Dallas. The film is scheduled to be released on video on demand and on DVD beginning on June 30, 2015, by Lionsgate Home Entertainment.
Thorne confirmed she signed on to star in the American adaptation of Midnight Sun, based on the original 2006 Japanese film Midnight Sun which is expected to premier in July 14, 2017. Also in 2015 she appeared as Ashley, a young and famous singer in Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip. In 2016, Thorne played Rain in Tyler Perry's Boo! A Madea Halloween.
Music and singing
On April 23, 2013, Thorne announced her debut album with eleven songs. Thorne spoke about the album, saying "What fans can expect is [for it] just to be very different from anyone because I don't like to be one of those artists where you can be like: 'Oh yeah, I know them from that song.’ All my songs are very different from each other. So I don’t want to be known as only one genre." Thorne cited Britney Spears, Kesha and Destiny's Child as influences for the album.
On October 15, 2015, Thorne revealed her debut album was canceled, saying she wasn't happy with the "auto-tuned bad music" she had in the works. She released an EP, Jersey, on November 17. The lead single from the EP, "Call It Whatever", debuted on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs chart at number forty-seven, eventually rising to number ten, spending a total of ten weeks on the chart.
It was reported that Thorne had signed a new deal to write a series of books, beginning with her first novel, "Autumn Falls".
- Thorne's father died in a motorcycle accident in 2007.
- Was diagnosed with dyslexia in the first grade. She was home-schooled after previously attending a public school, where she had suffered from bullying. She improved in her learning after attending a Sylvan Learning center and began reading and writing a grade ahead. She discussed her dyslexia in an April 2010 interview with American Cheerleader magazine and explained that she overcame her dyslexia by rigorously reading everything she could find, including the labels of cereal boxes.
- Thorne is an ambassador for Neutrogena and regularly promotes its products.
- Dated actor Gregg Sulkin from 2015 to 2016.
- On August 23, 2016, Thorne came out as bisexual on Twitter.
- Dated actor Tyler Posey for a few months, between August 2016 and December 2016.
- Gave a shout out to her haters in a video for the “Thank You” campaign, thanking them for because she “would totally be here without them, but it wouldn’t be as much fun.”
|A Star is Torn||Appears|
|Not So Easy A||Appears|
|Prelude to a Diss||Appears|
|Some Like It Not||Appears|
|Found in Translation||Appears|
|Secrets & Pies||Appears|
|Crazy Scripted Love||Appears|
|Fifty Shades of Red||Appears|
|Leaving Los Angeles||Appears|
- Chan, Stephanie (February 21, 2014) "Bella Thorne Is Neutrogena's New Face" The Hollywood Reporter
- Vulpo, Mike (August 23, 2016). "Bella Thorne Grateful for All the "Accepting" Messages After Revealing She Is Bisexual". E News!.
- JustJaredJr. (May 12, 2017) "Bella Thorne Thanks Her Haters at SIX:02 Digital Campaign Launch"